You must comply with the Dangerous Goods Act 1985 and other relevant Australian Standards for handling and storing fuel at your event.
Handling and storage of flammable and combustible liquids
If the event you are planning might see flammable or combustible materials on site at any time, you will need to detail the management of this in your event's Risk Assessment.
You will also need to develop a Fuel Handling and Storage Plan to include:
- asset (site) protection
- awareness training
- decanting and re-fuelling
- fire management
- first aid instructions
- fuel storage areas
- hazardous materials storage cabinet and storage areas
- labelling of fuel storage containers
- material safety data sheets
- maximum fuel storage amount
- public protection (access restrictions)
- safety signage
- ventilation of storage areas.