The City of Greater Geelong is gearing up for a huge weekend of events, beginning with the Foo Fighters concert at GMHBA Stadium on Friday night and the Geelong Revival Motoring Festival at Geelong Waterfront.
Foo Fighters fans are encouraged take
public transport to Friday night’s concert at GMHBA Stadium as the event
organisers have advised there will be no public parking available within the Kardinia
VLine will operate
regular services to South Geelong station to a 20-minute frequency, for patrons
travelling to the event. South Geelong
Station is just 500 metres from GMHBA stadium, or a two-minute walk.
Those driving are
encouraged to plan ahead and utilise either commercial car parks or
free public car parks such as Barwon Valley Activity Centre. Parking is also available at train stations
such as Lara, North Geelong, Geelong, South Geelong, Marshall, and Waurn Ponds.
Deputy Mayor Trent Sullivan said venues across Geelong The bumper weekend of major events, also includes Midnight Oil at
Mount Duneed Estate on Saturday, Sweetfest in Little Malop Street on Sunday,
and Nitro Circus at GMHBA Stadium on Monday night.
There will be short bursts of fireworks throughout the Foo Fighters event, so it is recommended that pet owners secure their animals in a safe location.
Foo Fighters – Getting to and from the event
- Gates open at 4:00pm with the Meanies on stage at 6:00pm, Amyl and the Sniffers at 7:00pm and the Foo Fighters at 8:30pm.
- V/Line is putting on extra services after the event with trains leaving South Geelong for Southern Cross at 2330, 2345 and 0001.
- Disability parking permit drop off and pick up is available at entrance B, via Latrobe Terrace.
- Bus routes 1, 24, 41, 42, 50, 51 and 55 will be diverted to Yarra Street from 2:00pm.
- An Uber drop off/pick up is available at entrance A in A5 car park, via Kilgour Street.
- A taxi tank rank will be located on Foster Street.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Foo Fighters: Traffic conditions around GMHBA Stadium will change from 11:00am on Friday 4 March until 1:00am on Saturday 5 March 2022. Changed traffic conditions including street closures around GMHBA Stadium will take place from 2:00pm and will affect Moorabool Street between Fyans Street and Kilgour Street, Latrobe Terrace, Strong Street, Lonsdale Street, Verner Street, Foster Street, Balliang Street, Hopkins Street and Park Crescent. Residents are advised to expect delays accessing their properties via Fyans Street and Yarra Street.
- Geelong Revival Motoring Festival: Wednesday 2 to Tuesday 8 March, various times
- Ritchie Boulevard and some parts of Eastern Beach Road, Bellerine Street, Yarra Street, Brougham Street will be subject to various road closures and no parking during affected times.
- A Day On The Green – Midnight Oil, Mt Duneed Estate, Saturday 5 March
Peak traffic times are expected between 4pm and 7pm and at the concert's conclusion at approximately 10:40pm. Reservoir Road between Anglesea Road and Cape Otway Road, and Drayton Road between Princess Highway and Reservoir Road will experience speed reductions and some road closures.
For information about traffic and parking related to major events visit eventsgeelong.com.au.
Deputy Mayor Trent Sullivan
forward to welcoming thousands of visitors, but please take note of the
information and plan ahead to make sure you have a great time. Welcome Foo Fighters – we’re looking
forward to seeing the best of you. It’s going to be a weekend to