- Following advice from the Department of Health and Human
Services about the rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the
Geelong Nature Forum has been postponed. It will be held on a date to be
confirmed later in the year.
- View the full list of events for the Nature Forum.
The theme of the 2020 event is 'Where The Rivers Run', with a focus on the animal and plant life of the Geelong region’s rivers, creeks and wetlands.
The Geelong Nature Forum 2020 is an exciting,
multi-dimensional event, showcasing Geelong’s natural wonders through a
week-long series of nature-based activities, presentations and displays.
The event will be held from 28 March to 3 April, featuring:
- talks on Saturday 28 March (register online now)
- manned displays by local community environment groups throughout the week
- field-based activities, to encourage people to
explore natural places in their local communities on Sunday 29 March
- nature-based school holiday activities
- a Geelong school student-led art exhibition at the
National Wool Museum and
- a world-wide citizen science competition called the City Nature Challenge.
The Geelong Nature Forum is a joint initiative, led by the Geelong Field Naturalists Club and the City of Greater Geelong, sponsored by the Department of Environment Land Water and Planning and Barwon Water, and made possible thanks to the dedication of our wonderful community environment groups.
Bookings for the different Geelong Nature Forum sessions are being taken via Eventbrite
Daily from 28 March 2020 to 03 April 2020
31 March 2020
01 April 2020
02 April 2020
03 April 2020
National Wool Museum
26-32 Moorabool Street, Geelong 3220