Bringing Up Great Kids is a 6 week program for parents of children aged between 12 months and 10 years.
This program uses mindfulness and reflection to support parents to review and enhance their patterns of communication with their children.
It promotes more respectful interaction, and encourages the development of children’s positive self identity.
How is this program different from other parenting programs?
This program enables parents to ‘walk in the child’s shoes’ and provides practical help in understanding children’s emotional development, assists parents to develop attentive communication skills with their children and enjoy parenting as a two-way learning journey.
Parents are encouraged to reflect upon and understand the meaning of their children’s behaviour, while gaining insights into the triggers that cause strong emotional responses from parents. The insights gained enable parents to develop the ability to contain these reactions and respond more thoughtfully to children’s behaviour.
Expected outcomes of the program
Participating parents will be better equipped to:
- understand the origin and nature of their parenting style
- understand the messages they give to, and receive from their children
- identify and respond to the needs of their childre
- build a positive, respectful relationship with their child
- source information and support for themselves in their parenting role.
Register online now!
29 August 2019, 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM
Boorai Child & Family Centre
4-50 Shell Road, Ocean Grove
Regional Parenting Service
03 5272 4741