We use sustainable design assessments to determine where
environmentally sustainable design has been carefully considered and planned in
your medium-scale development. You can provide a BESS report and associated attachments as your sustainable design assessment.
While you can prepare the paperwork yourself, we strongly
recommend you seek help from a qualified sustainability professional.
Geelong's minimum expectations:
- If using BESS, 50% and a pass in the compulsory categories (Water,
Energy, stormwater and Internal Environmental Quality (IEQ)).
- Minimum 50% score in BESS Energy category
- Cooling loads to not exceed 30MJ/sqm for any dwelling
- Minimum 6.5 star NatHERS average
- Appropriate orientation and daylight access
- Rainwater capture and reuse for toilet flushing at a minimum
- Minimum 50% score in BESS Water Category
- 100% STORM score or MUSIC modelling demonstrating best practice stormwater management
- Bicycle parking - 1 per dwelling
- Recycling facilities are at least as convenient to future occupants as general waste facilities.