We manage a number of coastal reserves.
Reserves we manage include:
- Avalon Beach*
- Breamlea foreshore*
- Buckley Park, Collendina*
- Eastern Beach/Eastern Park (north of Hearne Parade)
- Harvey Park, St Leonards
- Limeburners Bay/foreshore (including Shell foreshore)*
- Limeburners Point - boating facility
- Moorpanyal Park
- Ocean Grove boatramp, jetty
- Point Henry Reserve (sections)
- Point Henry to Point Richards foreshore (sections)
- Rippleside foreshore
- Salt Lagoon St Leonards
- Steampacket jetties & structures
- St Helens foreshore
- Swan Bay car park
- Western Beach/Griffins Gully
*High conservation value
We do not have representatives on the following committees:
- Barwon Coast Committee of Management
- Bellarine Bayside Foreshore Committee
Their role also includes boating facilities management, working closely with the State Boating Council, overseeing various management plans, the review of Crown Land management agreements and development of leases/licences.
We look after these coastal reserves to ensure appropriate management and development taking into account regional open space status, unique environments and cultural values.
Reserves are maintained so that the community can enjoy these beautiful natural assets.