The City is delivering services and implementing programs that are working to reduce and adapt to the impacts of climate change.
We have adopted a
Sustainability Framework that recognises climate change as a global emergency.
The Sustainability Framework brings
together all of our priorities and actions relating to
sustainability and climate change action.
We have ambitious emission targets and a clear mandate to
create and maintain a sustainable, thriving environment for our community, that
can withstand the impacts of climate change.
The Sustainability Framework has the following objectives:
- plan and deliver a reduction of carbon emissions
- build community resilience to the impacts of climate change
- increase the quantity and quality of our protected natural environment
- lead and support our community to adopt sustainable practices to move towards zero-waste
- manage our water efficiently using best practice standards
- green our urban spaces.
Key climate change action priorities
Our key priorities and actions draw on existing City programs, plans and strategies, such as: