There are things you can do to
minimise the consequences during a power outage or infrastructure failure.
- Be safe outside your home - keep clear of fallen power lines as
they still may be live
- Be safe in your home - switch off all but one switch and have a
battery operated torch
- Be a good neighbour - consider those who may need support
- Be safe with food - be careful about eating food and how you cook
- Keep informed - check the VicEmergency website and your provider.
After a power outage or infrastructure failure
Things to consider:
- safety - is it safe to go home/outside
- food safety
- regional roads.