In an emergency, it is important to stay informed and follow the instructions of emergency services staff.
In an emergency you can:
- stay up to date - access information through the Vicemergency website or listen to ABC radio (774)
- The State Government Emergency Alert System may be used if directed by the Incident Controller. If this happens you may receive a voice message on your landline or a text message on your mobile phone. You should not wait to receive a warning message before your act.
- follow the instructions of the emergency services staff
- ensure your safety and follow your emergency plan or your personal evacuation plan if it is safe to do so
- if you have to evacuate, consider moving to the homes of family and friends out of the area at risk, moving to the Geelong central Business District or other township outside the area at risk
- The City will nominate an emergency relief centre when we are requested by the Control Agency's Incident Controller.