The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) is an independent statutory authority established under Victoria's Electoral Act 2002.
The Victorian Electoral Commission conducts Victorian State elections, local council elections, certain statutory elections and commercial and community elections.
The VEC is responsible for:
- conducting ward boundary reviews
- maintaining the Victorian electoral enrolment register
- conducting electoral research
- providing education services
- working to engage all Victorians who are entitled to vote in the democratic process
The VEC runs our council elections and sends out notices to enrolled voters who appear to have failed to vote at our elections.
Please refer to the Victorian Electoral Commission website for more information.