Under current legislation, all domestic animal businesses must be registered with the City of Greater Geelong and comply with the appropriate mandatory Code of Practice.
Domestic animal businesses include:
- animal pounds either run by Council or a Council contractor
- breeding businesses (cats and/or dogs)
- training facilities for dogs and cats
- pet shops
- animal (welfare) shelters
- dog/cat rearing premises.
Responsibilities of a domestic animal business as defined under the Domestic Animals Act 1994 can be found the Department of Agriculture website.
As a domestic animal business, you are required to register with us.
We require an inspection of the facilities prior to registration. Existing registrations will be sent a renewal form early March and must be renewed by 10 April each year.