Proudly brought to you by the City of Greater Geelong and genU.
The Geelong Awards for People with a Disability celebrate people living with a disability in Greater Geelong who are doing outstanding work in advocacy, leadership and empowering others and in their contributions to volunteering, at work or in the community.
These awards also help to promote a fully inclusive community.
Nominations for the Geelong Awards for People with a Disability 2020 are now closed.
Late nominations will not be considered.
The winner of each category will be announced online during Inclusion Week (21 – 29 November 2020).
For further information and assistance with completing a nomination form please contact the City of Greater Geelong on 0439 914 222 or [email protected]
Who can be nominated?
To be eligible to receive an award, nominees are required to be a City of Greater Geelong resident with a disability.
Nominations are invited from anyone wanting to recognise a person with a disability for their efforts and achievements in the four (4) award categories.
You can nominate yourself for an award or another person who you know is eligible.
Participants of partnering organisations are also eligible for nomination.
Please ensure the individual has agreed to be nominated before submitting the nomination.
- Employment Award - Recognises someone who has achieved success or made a substantial contribution to empowering and developing others in the workplace or the community.
- Achievement Award - Recognises someone who has achieved a significant milestone or success in any area.
- Leadership and Advocacy Award- Recognises someone who has led or advocated for others to achieve a considerable outcome or advancement.
- Volunteering Award- Recognises someone who has achieved success or made a substantial contribution to empowering and developing other in the workplace or community.
Nominations will be reviewed by a judging panel of four (4) consisting of representatives from:
- Barwon Disability Resource Council
- the City’s Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee
- the Victorian Advocacy League for Individuals with a Disability (VALiD)
Our judges will select the winner of each category to be announced online.