Mercy Place Rice Village offers four levels of care for older people ranging from independent living units to high care residential aged care accommodation. The ‘village’ provides residents with modern facilities located within landscaped gardens complete with a gazebo and BBQ area. Other amenities include a multipurpose area with a large TV, library, craft room, hairdressing service, lounges and a bar for community living.
Mercy Place Rice Village caters for 91 people with low and high care needs and offers dementia specific care. The residence is the central to the surrounding aged care community, which includes 73 Independent Living Units. We care for people physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually and aim to make each day the best day possible for you. A Registered Nurse Division 1 is on site 24 hours so your clinical care needs can be met. We provide continuing care for your changing needs, so you can remain in your new home.
||7 Moylan Loop Marshall 3216 VIC Australia
||Community group or not-for-profit – incorporated
||(03) 5241 3686
||Yes - Do you have at least 2 hours a week or even a fortnight in which you can offer a frail older person or a person with a disability the ultimate gift – the gift of companionship, friendship and support?
There is a huge variety of roles and tasks a volunteer can undertake. The roles will differ depending on your skills and interest
• Assist with pet therapy, look after pet or bring your own pet in for a visit.
• Play a musical instrument, sing, dance, tell a joke or read some poetry.
• Play games, gardening, cooking, arts & crafts, mosaics, painting or photography.
• Assist with fundraising and arranging special events.
• Sit and talk to someone about their past history, read a book or walk with someone in the sunshine.
• Sit down and have a cup of tea and a chat.
• Men’s groups, wood work and playing a game of billiards.
|Public transport access:
||Yes - Public bus