A volunteer operated organisation, offering heritage train rides and experiences between Queenscliff and Drysdale, on-board a collection of steam and diesel trains originating from most Australian states.
Heritage Train Service
Jump on-board our heritage steam and diesel locomotives to
experience the simple pleasures no longer possible on modern railways, such as
opening the window to wave to people as you pass by!
carriage hire is offered as part of our Heritage Service and is perfect for
children’s birthday parties or groups of 20+.
Family specials and events
- During the year events and specials can be found on our websites on-line
- Magic Show and Workshop
specials: During the June/July School Holidays
- Teddy Bear Special: During the
September School Holidays
- Halloween Special: During October each year
- Day Out With Thomas events: During January, Easter Holidays and October
- Santa Trains: selected weekend in December
- Easter Bunny Specials: On Easter
weekend each year
Experiences and charters
- Steam and Diesel Train Driver Experiences
- Special Occasion Charters
- Mid-week steam and diesel trips
- Tailored group and school tours.
Call us if you would like to sign up for our newsletter which will give you advance notice of events and specials.
||Wadawurrung Country, PO Box 166, Queenscliff 3225 VIC Australia
||Community group or not-for-profit – incorporated
||Drysdale Railway Station Picnic Area
||Tourism Greater Geelong and Bellarine member
||City of Greater Geelong
||03 5258 2069
||Applicable fares, charter cost, event prices and other services, activities or specials offered through out the year.
||Yes - Volunteers are also welcome and we can offer a wide range of roles depending on the person's interest.
Shop assistant, selling tickets, family event roles, workshop, train to become part of the train crew, painting and other general maintenance tasks.
|Public transport access:
||Yes - McHarrys Bus service from Geelong-Queenscliff Station and Geelong-Drysdale Station. There are bus stops close to each of these stations.
Searoad Ferries from Sorrento to Queenscliff Ferry terminal with a short level walk to the Queenscliff Railway Station.