The Vines Road
Community Centre is so much more than a venue for hire and a space for
community-based activities. Our friendly, helpful staff and volunteers are
tech-savvy and are very skilled at locating information so we can refer you on
to other service providers and get you where you need to go.
Other services you may not have known that we offer:
- Photocopying – greyscale and colour ($)
- Laminating – A4 size or smaller ($)
- Scan to email – greyscale and colour
- Free access to the computer room
- After-hours computer room access (Wednesdays from 5:00pm to 8:00pm)
- Grayscale printing from the computer room ($)
- Maps and directions printing ($)
- Basic assistance with popular computer software and internet browsers
- Basic software assistance with smartphones, iphones and tablet computers
- Assistance with contacting government agencies such as Centrelink, Tax Office, Department of Health & Human Services, etc.
- Assistance to get you in contact with any other agency we have referred you to.
- Tea and Coffee Facilities
- Wireless internet access
Vines Road Community Centre is interested in partnering with interest groups in the community to deliver services and activities that meet the needs of the wider community.
||37-61 Vines Road, Hamlyn Heights 3215 VIC Australia
||PO Box 6030, Geelong West 3218 VIC Australia
||Community group or not-for-profit – incorporated
||City of Greater Geelong, Hamlyn Heights
||03 5277 9027
||Free services are provided to the community.
Some services may incur a fee.
||Yes - We are always looking for volunteers to help out around the Centre.
Existing volunteer working groups/projects or positions:
- Garden Club - a group of people who are working collectively to maintain the recently installed community garden.
- Domestic violence response training for Neighbourhood Houses (undertaken on student placement)
- Reception duties
Help wanted in the following areas:
- Reception duties
- Grounds-keeper (sweeping paths, cob-webbing, litter duty, etc)
- Facilitators for new programs
- Projects that the Centre can auspice
- Fundraising activities such as raffles, BBQs, chocolate drives, or events
- Venue Support for centre-wide events such as indoor markets.
- Venue Support for small-scale events such as morning teas
|Public transport access:
||Yes - Bus stop at entry