DAS offers home-based, outreach and clinic-based services for people who live in the Barwon area (City of Greater Geelong, Surfcoast Shire and Queenscliff). Our services include:
- Non-residential withdrawal treatment: home based withdrawal with the support of a community based GP and stepped care for people who require residential or inpatient withdrawal services
- Therapeutical psychological interventions: individual psychological counselling and groups based psych-education sessions
- Family inclusive services: short term support, assistance and referral/linkages for the family members and loved ones of people affected by substance use.
- Outreach support: for people who use opiates and/or inject drugs
- Needle and Syringe Program: provides new injecting equipment, disposal of used equipment, and safe sex items via a mobile service, and from DAS and other Barwon Health Community Health Centres. Exchange is available after hours through the Emergency Department at the University Hospital Geelong.
- Pharmacotherapy Clinic: private GPs located on site at DAS provide opioid replacement therapies (e.g. methadone, buprenorphine) for people with opioid dependence. A GP Mental Health Nurse provides additional treatment and support services.
||40 Little Malop Street, Geelong 3220 VIC Australia
||PO Box 281, Geelong 3220 VIC Australia
||03 4215 8792