mecwacare Elstoft House has accommodation for 91 residents offering single rooms, the majority with ensuite bathrooms and a several offering views of Corio Bay.
mecwacare Elstoft House provides:
- 24-hour care and support provided by Registered Nurses, personal care and lifestyle staff
- Full accreditation under the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency
- Ageing-in-place accommodation
- Couples accommodation
- Respite care
- Secure Dementia unit
- Three separate dining areas / Large lounge areas
- Activity room with tea/coffee making facilities for residents’ families
- Garden with with two large aquariums and bird aviary
mecwacare Elstoft House has three separate dining areas and large lounge areas with large screen televisions which provide the residents with an area to socialise. There is a large activity room provided for various activities with tea and coffee facilities available for residents’ families, and there is a chapel on-site available for worshipers of all denominations.
mecwacare Elstoft House is surrounded by large gardens with sitting areas and winding pathways. Residents have access to the entire garden and the option to tend to their own garden area or join a communal vegetable patch. There are also a large aquarium with many colourful fish.
The activities calendar is planned a month in advance and provides many interesting and varied group activities such as cooking and sewing groups, and the cafe each Friday. Outings are conducted weekly on the facility bus to a variety of clubs and places of interest. Residents also enjoy sing-alongs, dancing and music each week.