The St John of God Raphael Centre offers a support and information service for parents affected by anxiety or depression during pregnancy and in the two years following childbirth.
Our specialised staff help identify issues and provide information and strategies to assist women in finding treatment options to support them and their families. This community based service is available to all Geelong families.
Specialised staff provide a family centred service that aims to:
- enhance the social and emotional well-being of families during these years
- support parents in their relationships with each other and their families
- increase parenting satisfaction and coping skills.
- telephone support and information
- postnatal anxiety and depression therapeutic group
- antenatal and postnatal support group
- individual assessment
- individual therapy.
The Raphael Centre is a service funded by St John of God Health Care's Social Outreach and Advocacy Program. For further information contact the Raphael Centre.