During July 2020, we'll partner with local veterinarians, Geelong Animal Welfare Society, Royal Canin and Bayer to offer discounts on cat desexing.
The successful cat desexing initiative is now in its sixth year. It responds to the problem of unwanted kittens and cats in the municipality which places an enormous burden on GAWS and the attempts to find homes for these animals.
You can help by...
- ensuring your cat/s are desexed and micro-chipped
- contacting us regarding any stray cats that could be contained, desexed and re-homed
- helping us to reduce the number of unwanted kittens being born.
Our Domestic Animal Management Plan requires that all newly registered cats are desexed at the time of registration and all existing registered cats should be desexed unless you are a registered breeder or a member of an applicable organisation.
The veterinary clinics below are offering the following discounted services:
- For female cats: $130 to desex, microchip, register, administer flea and worm treatment and you’ll also receive a Royal Canin pet food voucher.
- For male cats: $99 to desex, microchip, register, administer flea and worm treatment and you’ll also receive a Royal Canin pet food voucher.
Participating veterinary clinics