A DCs required to make a distinction between ‘development’ and ‘community’ infrastructure.
Items of general community or social nature are classified as community infrastructure whilst all other infrastructure are classified as development infrastructure.
Contributions relating to community infrastructure are covered by a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) which is a levy capped at $1,225^ per dwelling, maximum. These funds contribute to facilities such as libraries, youth centres and sporting pavilions.
Contributions relating to development infrastructure are covered by a Development Infrastructure Levy (DIL) and will go towards a range of projects such as:
- roads and public transport infrastructure
- landscaping and streetscaping works
- reservations, parks and sporting grounds
- stormwater drainage, creek/river protection and water quality works
- bike paths
- kindergartens, childcare centres and maternal child and health facilities.
^Effective from 1 July 2021