You can now apply for an engineering permit online.
Many of our engineering permits are moving online. This will provide faster payment and processing times.
Prior to lodging your first permit you will need to register for an account. This process will only take a few minutes and will make future lodgements easier.
Visit our registration page and follow theses instructions:
- Select 'register' from the menu in the top right of your screen.
- Enter your details. Fields with a red asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- If you are applying as an individual and not a company or professional, select 'Applicant' under the 'Customer Relationship' field.
- Select 'Next' when you have entered all your required details.
- Once you have submitted your registration, our customer service team will finalise your account and send you a confirmation email with your log-in credentials. This may take one to two days.
- Visit our permits online page
- Select ‘Sign In’ from the menu in the top right of your screen.
- Once signed in, you will see your login name in the top right of the screen.
Before you apply
You will need:
- to be signed into your account
- your payment details ready
- details of the property you are applying for
- additional contact details (depending on the application type)
How to apply
- Start a new application
- Start your application lodgement by selecting the ‘Applications' drop down on the top left, and 'new application'.
- Select your permit
- Select the permit you need and click next.
If you can't find the permit you need it may not be available yet. Please call us on 03 5272 5272 for more information.
- Enter your property details
- Enter the details of the property you are applying for.
- Tick the 'advanced search' box to reveal more fields.
- Select 'Search' to confirm the property.
- There may be multiple results, select the result that applies to you, and select 'Next'.
- Application details
- This step can vary depending on the permit you are applying for. You may be asked to submit supporting documents such as photos, site plans or insurance details.
- Once you have completed all mandatory fields, click 'Next' to continue the application.
- Review your application
- Review the details on this screen. All correspondence regarding your application will be sent to the email on screen. If the details are correct tick the 'Accept' box and click 'Next' to proceed to payment.
- Complete the fields with your selected card for payment, do not include any spaces in the card numbers.
- Once you have entered your details, click 'Pay' to finalise your application.
- Note: if you select 'Cancel' please be aware your application will not be saved if you wish to come back to apply at a later stage.
- After your payment has been submitted you will see a confirmation on your screen. An email with your receipt details will also be sent to you. This can take one to two days.