Geelong's inner West 'wedged' between Latrobe Terrace, Corio Bay and the Central Activity Area is an area rich in facilities and resources and massive potential for development.
- Geelong Station
- The spectacular views of Corio Bay and foreshore area
- Law Courts and Police Station
- Gordon Institute of TAFE
- Arts and Civic buildings located around the historic Johnstone Park
- Deakin University - Waterfront Campus
- National Wool Museum
- A number of heritage buildings including former wool store warehouses,churches, hotels, iron store, railway station, parks and residences.
Since 2002 we have been working with the Victorian Government and local businesses and landowners to progress a framework for the development of this key inner city area.
In April 2004 we adopted a vision and framework summary. We published the adopted fully expanded vision in the Geelong Western Wedge Framework Document in April 2005.
Following a period of public consultation in July 2005 a number of minor amendment were made to the framework document which was re-published in September 2005.
The framework was incorporated into the City of Greater Geelong Planning Scheme through amendment C124 in October 2007.