Social housing - what can be done about possible anti-social behaviour?

What about home owners, community safety and mental health, security of home from social housing tenants. The trauma and exhaustion of home owners whom don’t have reliable case managers to remove tenants?

If you experience neighbourhood anti-social behaviour, it is the landlord’s responsibility to take action.

If the tenant of their visitor causes malicious damage to the premises, puts neighbours in danger or renders the premises unfit for human habitation, an immediate Notice to Vacate can be issued.

It is always advisable to speak to Consumer Affairs, the police or the landlords directly.

Page last updated: Wednesday, 14 August 2019