Councillor Peter Murrihy ran for council because he believes he can make a positive difference for Geelong.
Councillor Murrihy moved to Geelong over 38 years ago for work and has married and raised his three daughters here. As well as having close friends in Geelong, he and his family love the proximity Geelong has to Melbourne and also the Great Ocean Road to Lorne.
Councillor Murrihy wants to achieve unity on the council to ensure everybody is working effectively and efficiently together to strive for some common goals.
Councillor Murrihy's favourite thing about Geelong is the real sense of community and its people.
- Central and Civic Geelong (Chair)
- Arts, Culture and Heritage (Co-Chair)
- Economic Development (Co-Chair)
- Parks, Gardens and City Services (Co-Chair)
- Tourism and Events (Co-Chair)
- Bellarine Multi Arts Facility (Potato Shed)
- Central Geelong Marketing Committee
- Geelong Major Events
- Geelong Regional Library Corporation
- G21 Arts, Heritage and Culture Pillar
- G21 Sports and Recreation Pillar
- Central Administrative Office Advisory Committee
If you would like to make a comment about a service, or require information or action in relation to an issue, you can: