We're here to support local businesses impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The City's Business Support Package provides access to professional advice on human resources, financial management and digital marketing, free of charge, for local businesses impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic, as well as expert business mentoring for industry-specific advice.
We're supporting local businesses with:
- Reduction of rent by 50 per cent for eligible commercial tenants in City buildings or on City land for six months from 1 March 2020
- Refund of Alfresco Dining permit fees for 12 months
- Refund of A frame permit fees for 12 months
- Refund of food premises registration fees for three months of the 2019-20 financial year
- Refund of health premises fees for three months of the 2019-20 financial year
- Free casual on and off-street parking in the Geelong CBD until 30 June 2020
For those eligible for any refunds from permit fees paid to the City, we are currently finalising how these refunds will be processed.
More details about this process, and other business support measures, will be made available as quickly as possible.
More resources for businesses
Business Victoria’s hotline, 132 215, provides information about dealing with COVID-19.
You can find out more about available business support on the links below:
Keep in touch
We’re in this together. Contact the Geelong Business Concierge service on 5272 5272 or keep in touch with us at EcoDev@geelongcity.vic.gov.au – we’ll answer your questions or connect you with somebody who can.
We’ve collated a list of free webinars to help you consider different ways of approaching your business. Click on the links below find out about more about what's on offer and how to register.
You can help too...
Local businesses are adapting their products and services so they can keep working.
Visit Central Geelong Marketing and Visit Geelong & The Bellarine to find out how local businesses are innovating, get inspiration and ideas for your business, and see how you can help.
Coronavirus information for food, beauty and accommodation businesses
Links to additional information and opportunities
Virtual Events - webinars and online training