We will capitalise on Geelong’s incredible economic opportunities.
- Continuing to work with government to deliver projects that
revitalise Central Geelong.
- Working with government to deliver City Deal projects.
- Using Geelong’s UNESCO City of Design award to secure economic development projects.
- Attracting new investments to the region.
- Helping to renew industrial precincts.
- Executing strategies for economic growth in the region’s north.
and promoting local businesses, markets
Our aims in 2019-2020
- Advocate for Geelong businesses and major projects that contribute to regional economic development.
- Work with Victorian Government to implement Central Geelong Action Plan.
- Collaborate with partners to deliver projects that support the UNESCO City of Design goals of sustainable cities and communities.
- Develop screening strategies to improve the entrance into Geelong.
- Trial a flexible parking solution for the CBD.
- Make decisions to support the start-up and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Integrate the Retail Strategy 2016-36 into the Greater Geelong Planning Scheme.
- Continue to deliver the Regional Industry Sector Employment Program to support jobs in the construction industry.
- Promote the economic assets and investment opportunities in the region’s north.
Measures of success
- More businesses within the municipality.
- 15 years of industrial land supply planned.