Our focus will be on improving our public and active transport, and better connecting our networks.
- Supporting projects in the G21 Region Road Transport Plan.
- Working with
VicRoads to deliver the Network Operating Plan, to improve bus services.
- Improving our
road management and engagement program.
better-connected walking, cycling and trail paths across our region.
- Advocating to
improve rail, road and sea connections for our region.
- Working with
government to improve freight connections to the Geelong Port.
- Advocating and
planning for a second container port at Baywest.
- Supporting further international flights at Avalon.
- Supporting the
redevelopment of the rail station precinct, including a modern bus terminal.
- Delivering the Better Bike Connections project.
Our aims in 2019-2020
- Implement council program of infrastructure upgrades including streets, roads and drains.
- Progress Better Bike Connections, west and southern routes.
- Upgrade and deliver new footpaths, cycling and trail paths and create linkages between paths.
- Adopt the Transport Network Operating Plan including recommendations from the Bus Services Review.
- Lead the Regional Fast Rail Advocacy Alliance.
- Explore opportunities to enable the Geelong-Melbourne ferry service.
- Review and implement Greater Geelong Cycling Strategy.
- Undertake detailed design to create linkages between shared paths across the region.
Measures of success
kilometres of bicycle and walking
- Score of 60 for
community satisfaction rating with
sealed local roads.
gap for road management reduced