We will strive for social equity in the infrastructure and services we deliver for our community.
- Providing more quality spaces that support active lifestyles.
- Supporting the growth of localised and regional sporting facilities.
- Delivering accessible and attractive community infrastructure,
based on community need.
- Advocating and planning for a range of social and affordable
- Maintaining our
public open space.
Our aims in 2019-2020
- Provide new sports and leisure facilities and upgrade existing ones.
- Engage with sporting clubs and community groups to improve access to community and sporting facilities.
- Advocate for funding for the Northern ARC Health and Wellbeing Hub.
- Complete planning to upgrade children’s centres, and construct and open new centres.
- Acquire land for new community infrastructure.
- Implement a new approach for the Community Investment and Support Fund.
- Identify locations and construct two fenced dog parks.
- Improve playgrounds using the Geelong Play Strategy.
- Develop a feasibility study for a livestock and information exchange facility.
- Finalise and implement the Osborne Park Precinct Master Plan and business case.
Measures of success
- No net loss of public open space by suburb.
- 100 per cent of plans for key community infrastructure projects completed.