Phone: 0436 343 642
Email: [email protected]
About Councillor Mansfield
I'm a local GP, a Senior Lecturer at Deakin University and a mum. I have
worked in community general practice and with people experiencing homelessness,
and have expertise in public health and financing.
Geelong has been my home for the past 10 years, where I live with my husband
and two young children. We love the sense of community and beautiful natural
My connection to Geelong has grown over time through involvement in community
groups, sports, membership of a local school council, and volunteer work with a
health literacy program for migrants and refugees.
Why did you run for council?
As a GP, I know that our social and physical
environment have a major impact on health and wellbeing.
I want to be part of a council that works to build healthier and more
sustainable communities, and puts caring for people and the environment at the
heart of its decisions.
Top three areas of focus during your term
- Work with
the community to take stronger action on climate change.
public transport, cycling and walking options for a safer and better connected
affordable and social housing
does a ‘clever and creative’ Geelong region mean to you?
means drawing on evidence and expertise, using partnerships and networks, and
working with the community to seek the best solutions to our challenges and
make the most of opportunities.
Favourite thing about
love the sense of community and beautiful natural environment.
Portfolios and Committees
- Aboriginal Affairs portfolio (Deputy Chair)
- Affordable Social Housing Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Ageing-Well Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Circular Economy portfolio (Deputy Chair)
- Climate Change Action portfolio (Deputy Chair)
- Community Health & Aged Care portfolio (Chair)
- Diversity, Inclusion & LGBTIQ+ portfolio (Chair)
- G21 Pillar – Health and Wellbeing
- Geelong Regional Library Corporation
- Innovative Solutions portfolio (Deputy Chair)
- Social Housing portfolio (Chair)
- Transport portfolio (Deputy Chair)
If you would like to make a comment about a service, or require information or action in relation to an issue, you can: