During Councillor Murnane’s business career in the Geelong region, he established both commercial and community relationships through a wide network of individuals, organisations and community groups. This included:
- 11 years as a Director of the Barwon Health Foundation
- the current Chairperson of the Samaritan House Foundation
- a past Member of the ‘Policy and Strategy Committee’ for the Committee for Geelong, Director of St Laurence Housing Ltd (now genU)
- Member of the Geelong Performing Arts Centre Advisory Committee
- Executive Board Support for Geelong Connected Communities Limited and Active Geelong Limited
- a Life Member of the Geelong Supercats and
- Principal and Founder of Murnane Community Consulting.
Councillor Murnane aims to build a strong relationship with each of his fellow councillors by understanding their individual capacity to make a contribution towards a united team, and by creating an environment where every member of council’s staff can feel proud to be serving our city.
Key priorities include implementation of the vision for Geelong outlined in the ‘Clever and Creative Future’ document, and developing a strategic approach to addressing the lack of opportunities for some Geelong residents - particularly in the north of the city.
In terms of major projects, Councillor Murnane would like to see:
- establishment of the Geelong Convention Centre
- completion of the Geelong Performing Arts Centre, GMHBA Stadium and Royal Geelong Yacht Club
- construction of the new Council Offices
- expansion of Avalon Airport
- upgrade of Barwon Heads Road and the Bellarine Highway.
Councillor Murnane enjoys the natural environment of the Geelong area and its outstanding services – including health, education, sport and recreation – as well as the affordable housing which makes our city the ideal place to raise a
- Finance (Chair)
- Arts and Culture (Deputy Chair)
If you would like to make a comment about a service, or require information or action in relation to an issue, you can: