Councillor Mason wants to make a useful and durable
contribution to the City of Greater Geelong, its people, culture, economy and
Councillor Mason’s father was born in Queenscliff, served in World War Two and was also Mayor of Queenscliff for a time. He took his son to see Peter Pianto play at Kardinia Park when he was nine. His mother taught English in Geelong, was Girl Guide Commissioner and instigated support programs for Aboriginals.
Councillor Mason is the eldest of six, and was raised and schooled on the Bellarine. He enjoyed exploring the area widely on his bike and horse. He studied at the Gordon, completing civil engineering in 1968. In 2008 Councillor Mason gained a Masters in International Relations at Deakin. He currently lives and farms in Marcus Hill and is President of Bellarine Landcare.
Councillor Mason is hoping to see improved community trust in council, its services, and facilities. He would like to see a firm foundation set for a clever and creative future, involving basic progress indicators for each element and then tying in with council plans to focus on achievable outcomes. For example: Councillor Mason would like to see a master plan for connected shared pathways throughout the whole of Greater Geelong as this would attract tourists and locals alike.
Councillor Mason most likes Geelong's opportunities for living a fulfilling and happy life.
- Sustainable Development (Chair)
- Arts, Culture and Heritage (Chair)
- Community Health and Safety (Deputy Chair)
- Environment and Sustainability (Deputy Chair)
- Rural and Peri-Urban Advisory Committee
- Bellarine Multi Arts Facility (Potato Shed)
- Geelong - Queenscliffe Coastal Adaptation Program
- Geelong Art Gallery
- Geelong Regional Library Corporation
- G21 Transport Pillar
- G21 Planning and Services Pillar
- G21 Education and Training Pillar
- G21 Arts and Culture Pillar
- Association of Bayside Municipalities
- Central Administration Office Advisory Committee
If you would like to make a comment about a service, or require information or action in relation to an issue, you can: