Phone: 0434 307 048
Email: [email protected]
About Councillor Mason
I am retired and live with Lynne, my loved partner in life where we keep
physically active and pursue our farming interests, our ongoing quests for
knowledge and improvements to the environment.
I have had a rich, diverse and successful professional career in teaching,
engineering and humanitarian program policy development and management in
In my eighth decade living on planet earth, I continue to enhance my
understanding that there are limits to growth, that we must live in harmony
with the natural systems of the universe and sometimes grieve about the
seemingly irreversible and parlous direction in which we are heading.
Why did you run for council?
I want to make a useful and lasting contribution to the City of Greater
Geelong, its people, culture, economy and environment and this is my
I can do this by applying the principles, knowledge and skills which I have
developed over a lifetime of a challenging and diverse professional career.
Top three areas of focus during your term
- Social connectivity and Infrastructure
What does a ‘clever and creative’ Geelong region mean to you?
A progressive, adventurous, optimistic municipal outlook unconstrained by
dogmas of parochial self-interest and fantasies of return to antiquated
lifestyles and business models.
Favourite thing about Greater Geelong?
Geelong offers a rich diversity of opportunities in business, education,
and culture within the backdrop of regenerating rural and coastal
Portfolios and Committees
- City Planning and Heritage portfolio
- Planning Committee
- Bellarine Multi Arts Facility (Potato Shed) Community Asset Committee
- Geelong Heritage Advisory Committee
- Rural and Peri-Urban Advisory Committee
- Strong Local Economy portfolio
- LGBTQIA+ Advisory Committee
- Geelong Major Events Delegated Committee
- CEO Employment and
- Submissions Review Panel
- Association of Bayside Municipalities
- Geelong Heritage Collection Advisory Committee
- G21 Managing Growth Advisory Group
Do you need help with something?