About Councillor Harwood
I am a long-term resident of the Kardinia Ward, having been born and raised in Geelong.
My focus remains on infrastructure for our community and the Greater Geelong region, to meet the substantial population growth we are
I have always had a strong connection to a number of local sporting clubs and community organisations.
Why did you run for council?
I ran originally in 2003 to get urgently required community infrastructure, focusing mainly on local sporting organisations that had been
neglected for many years.
Top three areas of focus during your term
- Community infrastructure - including roads, rail and transport;
- Financial responsibility and accountability; and
- The increased population growth of the region and subsequent environmental effects.
What does a ‘clever and creative’ Geelong region mean to you?
Being able to recognise and adapt quickly to opportunities that present for the region.
Favourite thing about Greater Geelong?
The bay, beaches and surrounding bushland.
Portfolios and Committees
- Deputy Chair
- Economic Development portfolio
- Planning Committee
- Sport portfolio
- Statutory & Strategic Priorities portfolio
- Barwon South West Waste and Resource Recovery Group Committee Forum
- G21 Pillar – Transport
- Submissions Review Panel
If you would like to make a comment about a service, or require information or action in relation to an issue, you can: