Phone: 0413 369 719
Email: [email protected]
Councillor Stephanie Asher has advised a leave of absence from 15 January to 31 May 2022.
About Mayor Asher
person with a passion for getting things done.
I run a management consultancy
business focusing on corporate strategy, policy and communications, with
specialist expertise in annual and sustainability reporting.
best-selling author of Susan Alberti’s authorised biography and I continue to
be inspired by people with resilience, manners and a sense of humour.
Why did you run for council?
I’ve lived on the Bellarine Peninsula for 20
years and I’ve seen firsthand the importance of strong and principled people standing
up for the community.
Top three areas of focus during this Council term
- Supporting faster and more efficient process at council, particularly to get businesses back on track post-COVID.
- Ensuring the North Bellarine Pool and Bellarine shared trails projects are delivered by the City of Greater Geelong team.
- Making sustainability action across the organisation a priority for everyone at the City of Greater Geelong.
What does a ‘clever and creative’ Geelong region mean to you?
Being open to new ideas, different approaches and more effective means of getting
Favourite thing about Greater Geelong?
The range of landscapes, waterways, activities and options.
Portfolios and Committees
- Audit and Risk Committee (Chair)
- Central Administrative Office (Chair)
- CEO Employment Matters
- Finance portfolio (Deputy Chair)
- G21 Geelong Region Alliance (Chair)
- Regional Capitals Australia
- Regional Cities Victoria
- Sustainable Advisory
- Sustainability Performance portfolio (Chair)
If you would like to make a comment about a service, or require information or action in relation to an issue, you can: