Phone: 0434 307 048
Email: [email protected]
About Councillor Mason
I am retired and live with Lynne, my loved partner in life where we keep
physically active and pursue our farming interests, our ongoing quests for
knowledge and improvements to the environment.
I have had a rich, diverse and successful professional career in teaching,
engineering and humanitarian program policy development and management in
In my eighth decade living on planet earth, I continue to enhance my
understanding that there are limits to growth, that we must live in harmony
with the natural systems of the universe and sometimes grieve about the
seemingly irreversible and parlous direction in which we are heading.
Why did you run for council?
I want to make a useful and lasting contribution to the City of Greater
Geelong, its people, culture, economy and environment and this is my
I can do this by applying the principles, knowledge and skills which I have
developed over a lifetime of a challenging and diverse professional career.
Top three areas of focus during your term
- Social connectivity and Infrastructure
What does a ‘clever and creative’ Geelong region mean to you?
A progressive, adventurous, optimistic municipal outlook unconstrained by
dogmas of parochial self-interest and fantasies of return to antiquated
lifestyles and business models.
Favourite thing about Greater Geelong?
Geelong offers a rich diversity of opportunities in business, education,
and culture within the backdrop of regenerating rural and coastal
Portfolios and Committees
- Aboriginal Affairs portfolio (Chair)
- Association of Bayside Municipalities
- Citizenship and Community Engagement portfolio (Deputy Chair)
- Creative Communities and Culture portfolio (Deputy Chair)
- Diversity, Inclusion and LGBTIQ+ portfolio (Deputy Chair)
- G21 Pillar – Education and Training
- Geelong Regional Library Corporation
- Geelong – Queenscliffe Coastal Adaptation Program
- Environment portfolio (Chair)
- Kilangiti (formally Karreenga) Aboriginal Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Leisure & Recreation portfolio (Deputy Chair)
- Multicultural Action Plan Committee (Chair)
- Multicultural Affairs portfolio (Chair)
- Rural and Coastal portfolio (Chair)
- Rural and Peri-Urban Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Shared Trails portfolio (Chair)
If you would like to make a comment about a service, or require information or action in relation to an issue, you can: