We've put down on paper the standard of service we aspire to deliver so that we can deliver service excellence.
- act in line with our values
- be realistic about what we can do and by when – and we’ll let you know about delays
- give you a reference number if you want us to look at or fix something
- act according to the legislation that governs us
- encourage customer feedback and view it as an opportunity to improve.
Our phone service will be available for general enquiries between 8:00am and 5:00pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays).
- provide an after-hours phone service for urgent calls
- will greet you using our name (organisation/department)
and the first name of the person you are talking to
- give you a direct number to call us back,
- ask you some basic information so we can introduce your call if you need to be transferred to someone
- give you options if that person isn’t available, such as taking a message.
- return voicemail messages within one business day.
We will acknowledge and try to resolve issues you write to us about within 10 business days.
If we cannot meet that deadline, we will explain why, let you know who is handling our response and give you an expected reply date.
We will respond to emails received via firstname.lastname@example.org within one business day.
- do our best to satisfy your request when you visit
- contact the appropriate person to assist if your enquiry is of a technical or specialised nature
- get in touch within 24 hours to arrange an appointment or discuss the matter over the phone if that person is unavailable.
Using our website or social media
- maintain our website with relevant, up-to-date information that is easily understood and accessible
- respond to our social media platforms within one business day.
How you can help us
- Get in touch using any method advertised on www.geelongaustralia.com.au/contact
- Use officer contact details when provided in correspondence.
- Let us know if your details change, such as address or animal registration details.
- Respect and treat all our facilities, equipment and property with due care.
- Be polite and respectful towards our employees and other customers.
- Understand we can ask you to leave, cease a conversation, or contact the police if your behaviour is considered hostile, threatening or abusive.