Register a complaint

There are a number of options if you wish to register a complaint with us.

Register a complaint

You will need to provide:

  • your name, address and telephone number or other contact details;

  • exactly what you are dissatisfied with;

  • the name of the department, and if appropriate or available, the name of the officer(s) involved;

  • what remedy you are seeking;

  • sufficient details such as relevant documentation or correspondence to assist in resolving the complaint.

Alternatively you can lodge a complaint by:

  • visiting any of our customer service centres

  • phoning us on 03 5272 5272

  • posting your complaint to: Complaints Officer, City of Greater Geelong, PO Box 104 Geelong, 3220.


Where required, assistance will be made available in completing a complaints registration form. This may include a Council officer hearing the complaint verbally and compiling notes on behalf of the customer or directly assisting the customer to complete the complaints form.

Language assistance

If the complainant requires an interpreter they can contact the National Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450 and ask them to telephone the City of Greater Geelong on 03 5272 5272. This is a free service for City related business.

National Relay Service

People who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can call the City through the National Relay Service (NRS):

  • Teletypewriter (TTY) users, phone 03 5272 4277.

  • Speak and Listen (speech-to speech relay) users phone 1300 555 727.

Lodging a complaint on behalf of another person

If you are unable to lodge your complaint personally due to poor health, distance, language, legal or other reasons, the complaint may be lodged by another person or agent on your behalf.

The officer who receives a complaint will take all reasonable steps to confirm that the person claiming to act on behalf of the complainant has the appropriate authority to do so. Written authorisation by the complainant must be provided, as well as for any matter that involves disclosing personal information.

Page last updated: Friday, 17 March 2017