Please note: a price increase will be coming into effect from mid-July 2019.
Who can book a sign?
- Not-for-profit organisations or community groups advertising events of significant cultural interest to the local community.
- The event must be held within the City of Greater Geelong boundaries.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of a sign booking is $110 and includes installation and removal of the sign. The cost is the same whether you book 1 sign or 4 signs and whether you book for 1 week or 4 weeks.
- You can pay securely using a credit card at the time of making your booking. We accept Visa and Mastercard. A payment processing fee of 0.57% applies to credit and debit card payments.
How many signs can I book?
- You can book up to 4 signs at up to 4 different locations for up to 4 weeks (depending on availability).
- You can only have 1 booking per event.
Sign artwork requirements
To ensure your event receives maximum exposure, we recommend minimal information on your sign artwork.
The community signs provide a very quick, drive by message
- Wording should only include the event name and date (main message), location and a website or phone number
- Sponsor logos should not be the main feature
- Wording on the sign should be 60 millimetres inside the top and bottom of the sign so it is visible once installed
- All signs need to be 1200 x 1200 millimetres to fit into frames
- Signs are to be well presented, prepared and constructed and are not to be offensive
- No reflective material is to be used on signs - this includes fluorescent paints
- All signs should be made from ‘corflute’
- No organisation may display more than 4 signs within council boundaries at any one time
- No sign shall contain any rotating, revolving or moving parts and cannot be illuminated or flashing
- All signs will be bolted to the CoGG frames.
How to book your signs
- You cannot book a sign any earlier than 6 months prior to the event.
- Signs can only be booked to start on a Monday and finish on a Sunday.
- All signs are installed and removed on Mondays (unless it is a public holiday, then the sign will be installed or removed on the Tuesday.
- You’ll need to organise your sign artwork if you haven’t done so already and organise to print your sign.
- You need to deliver your signs to Merv Jennings Signs, 23-25 Tarkin Court, North Geelong. You will receive an email reminding you of this.
- All signs are installed and removed by a contractor.
- Once your sign has been taken down, you will need to pick it up from Merv Jennings Signs, 23 -25 Tarkin Court, North Geelong. You will receive an email reminding you of this.
- If you have different dates for your signs to be taken down you don't need to pick your signs up until the last sign has been removed.
- Permit holders can organise to store up to 4 signs for one year with Merv Jennings @$55 per annum including GST. Please contact Merv Jennings Signs on 03 5272 1400 to arrange.
- Please ensure your booking details are correct before proceeding as bookings cannot be changed once payment has been processed.
View a map of the community promotion sign locations.
Book a Community Promotions sign
Need to know more...
For information about using these signs to promote your community event please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Community Development Unit on 03 5272 5096.