Community promotion signs are a simple and effective way to publicise your City of Greater Geelong event.
Who can book a sign?
- Not-for-profit organisations or community groups advertising events of significant cultural interest to the local community.
- The event must be held within the City of Greater Geelong boundaries.
How much does it cost?
How many signs can I book?
- You can book up to 4 signs at up to 4 different locations for up to 4 weeks (depending on availability).
- You can only have 1 booking per event.
Sign artwork requirements
To ensure your event receives maximum exposure, we recommend minimal information on your sign artwork.
The community signs provide a very quick, drive by message
- Wording should only include the event name and date (main message), location and a website or phone number
- Sponsor logos should not be the main feature
- Wording on the sign should be 60 millimetres inside the top and bottom of the sign so it is visible once installed
- All signs need to be 1200 x 1200 millimetres to fit into frames
- Signs are to be well presented, prepared and constructed and are not to be offensive
- No reflective material is to be used on signs - this includes fluorescent paints
- All signs should be made from ‘corflute’
- No organisation may display more than 4 signs within council boundaries at any one time
- No sign shall contain any rotating, revolving or moving parts and cannot be illuminated or flashing
- All signs will be bolted to our promotion frames.
How to book your signs
Book a Community Promotions sign
- You cannot book a sign any earlier than 6 months prior to the event.
- Signs can only be booked to start on a Monday and finish on a Sunday.
- All signs are installed and removed on Mondays (unless it is a public holiday, then the sign will be installed or removed on the Tuesday.
- You’ll need to organise your sign artwork if you haven’t done so already and organise to print your sign.
- You need to deliver your signs to Merv Jennings Signs, 23-25 Tarkin Court, North Geelong. You will receive an email reminding you of this.
- All signs are installed and removed by a contractor.
- Once your sign has been taken down, you will need to pick it up from Merv Jennings Signs, 23 -25 Tarkin Court, North Geelong. You will receive an email reminding you of this.
- If you have different dates for your signs to be taken down you don't need to pick your signs up until the last sign has been removed.
- Permit holders can organise to store up to 4 signs for one year with Merv Jennings @$55 per annum including GST. Please contact Merv Jennings Signs on 03 5272 1400 to arrange.
- Please ensure your booking details are correct before proceeding as bookings cannot be changed once payment has been processed.
Need to know more...
For information about using these signs to promote your community event please email [email protected] or phone the Community Development Unit on 03 5272 5096.