The Greater Geelong Community Leadership Program is a 6 month interactive professional development experience that prepares you for community leadership roles, with a focus on personal development through promotion of healthy mindsets and professional development through unique experiences.
You’ll connect with like-minded peers and take part in a variety of immersive experiences across the Greater Geelong region, as well as meet inspiring local, state and national leaders.
Through the program, you will:
- connect with like-minded peers
- hear from inspiring people,
including recognised community and industry experts
- participate in unique and enjoyable
activities and learning experiences
- build a toolkit of materials
and resources for your future success.
Graduates of the program will become members of the Community Leadership Program Alumni, giving them ongoing opportunities to network with other local leaders and partake in quarterly professional development workshops.
all backgrounds, abilities and circumstances will be supported to participate in the program and we will work with successful applicants to address potential barriers to participation.
Limited places are available in the program and the application process is expected to be competitive.
|Who can apply
||Anyone with a strong interest in leadership who lives in the City of Greater Geelong can apply.
People of all backgrounds, abilities and circumstances are encouraged to apply. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
||The program will be delivered in venues throughout the City of Greater Geelong.
||July to December 2022
6 all-day, face-to-face sessions (second Wednesday of each month)
- Leadership skills
- Managing relationships
- Community engagement
- Capacity building
- Time management
COVID restrictions, the program will be delivered via group activities,
interactive experiences, guided individual tasks and site visits.
|How to apply
||Complete the application form
|| Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 3 June 2022.
|For more information
||If you would like to discuss prior to submitting call Community Development Project Officer Lisa Sitlington on 03 5272 4923 for a confidential discussion.
- To help us understand more about you and your suitability for the program, please complete the application.
- People of all backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- You may be contacted by program officers from City of Greater Geelong to discuss your application further.
- You will receive confirmation of your application outcome by 17 June 2022.