Council's Centre Based Long Day Care Services provide the very best in early childhood care and education programs for children age 0-6 years and support for families throughout the Geelong region.
All services are now as scheduled.
Extra precautions at our centres
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting
- Opening windows and encouraging outdoor activities
- Directing and supervising frequent handwashing with soap
- Minimising prolonged close contact between children, such as queuing
- Identifying a space that can be used for short-term isolation
- Keeping all families and employees up to date with advice
You can help
- Please help your child to wash their hands with soap when arriving at the centre
- Please avoid this centre if you or your child are unwell.
For up to date information on our response to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) visit our coronavirus support page.
Council's Centre Based Services are a network of purpose built Children’s services centres comprising of centre based long day care programs and funded kindergarten programs and in some centres, occasional care, MCH services and playgroups.
Each centre is staffed by fully trained, highly experienced teams that are committed to creating stimulating, fun filled environments for your children. We pride ourselves on having high expectations for each and every child and creating learning environments that support individual children's strengths and interests.
Our Educators are focused on the health and happiness of your child, which includes serving nutritionally balanced meals and snacks, maintaining natural and appealing outdoor play spaces and offering a wide variety of activities.
Long Day care programs are registered with the following quality assurance associations:
- National Quality Standards
- Healthy Together Achievement Program
- Education & Care Services National Regulations and National Law Act
- Sun Smart Centres
The centres are community based, not for profit, and managed by our Family Services Department.
Care at the centre based long day care centres is available on a full-time, part-time or sessional basis. Monday to Friday from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm. Check individual centres for operational hours.
To confirm session times for Kindergarten check with individual centres.
Please note that waiting lists are maintained for current care required and future needs.
Fees for the 2021-2022 financial year at our City Learning and Care Centres are listed below.
Financial assistance is available to eligible families through Child Care Subsidy (CCS) Please visit the Family Assistance Office website for further information or call 136 150.
Fee table as at July 2021
|Whittington Child & Family Centre
|Boorai Centre Ocean Grove
|Leopold Child and Family Centre
|Bella Wiyn Birralee Family Centre (new March-June 2020)
|Korayn Birralee Family Centre (new January-June 2020)
Need to know more ...
To find out more call or visit any of our City Learning and Care Centres to discuss how we can help with your families child care needs.