I didn’t receive a calendar, why is this?
Sometimes residents don't get a calendar delivered because they've been missed in the delivery process. This can be because:
• you don't have a letter box or your letterbox is not visible/accessible due to its positioning on the property
• you have a ‘No Junk Mail’ sticker on your letter box
• you live in Anakie where residents collect the calendars from the General Store
• you live in Indented Head where residents collect the calendars from the General Store/Post Office
• There is a vacancy in your area for a walker delivery person
• your street may have been missed in the delivery process
Why do you deliver using walkers?
Walker delivery provides us with a high volume, low unit cost method of delivery to residents.
Walker delivery is also audited unlike other postal methods, this allows us (given a full residential address) to find out why a delivery was missed. Missed deliveries must be reported with seven days of distribution to conduct an investigation.
A typical drop rate for walkers is 90 to 95 per cent delivery accuracy.
How do I enter the calendar completion?
You can keep an eye out for the 2020 calendar competition on our calendar page
Why don’t you include pension days?
Due to the variety of pension days this makes it difficult for inclusion.
I live in a retirement village/ townhouse/unit/apartment, why don’t we receive walker mail?
Walkers are not permitted to enter property boundaries when distributing advertising material. If your letterbox is within a village, gated community or set back from the street path they cannot enter the property in order to deliver the material.
If you have not received a calendar due to the above please call 5272 5272 so that we can arrange for a copy to be mailed to you.
How can I get a copy of the calendar?
Due to demand we have printed additional copies of the 2019 calendar. If you are a resident of Greater Geelong and would like a copy please visit one of our six customer service centres from the 17 December. Whilst stocks last.
Why does the City produce a calendar?
The City produces a calendar for many reasons:
• to promote local events and activities
• increase community pride
• provide residents with a waste calendar
• encourage economic development
• promote the City’s services
• provide information on public holidays, rates payment and animal registration dates relevant to Geelong
• provide key dates such as public holidays, daylight savings, school terms to residents.