Economic Development provides expert intelligence on the Geelong regional economy.
We can assist you with:
- Data on population, Gross Regional Product (GRP), unemployment, job advertisements, construction activity and housing prices
- Regional economic news
- Industry, demographic and forecast data
- Economic indicators and regional assets
- Economic impact assessments (using REMPLAN economic modelling) to support business growth and grant applications
Geelong Economic Profile
Watch our short Economic Profile video to learn more about advantages and opportunities in our clever and creative, design-focused city.
Geelong Fast Facts
Geelong Fast Facts pamphlet has information on population, building activity, median
house prices, jobs, commuters and major employers. It's a quick reference that highlights our region's key infrastructure, research, education, tourism and health assets. This data was captured at a point in time using various sources. For the most up-to-date data visit our online economic profiles.
Quarterly updates on unemployment, job advertisements, building activity, spending and house prices.
Click on each economic indicator for more detailed statistics and analysis.
Note: The Geelong SA4 area includes the City of Greater Geelong, Borough of Queenscliffe, Surf Coast Shire and the majority of the Golden Plains Shire. ^$ million.
*12-month rolling average - Unemployment rate data is based on Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) original data (sourced from survey respondents rather than trend or seasonally adjusted data). The ABS advises that their unemployment rate data be adjusted to a 12-month rolling average to smooth out some of the volatility in the monthly data.
**Figures are as provided to City of Greater Geelong (which may not always include stage breakdowns).
- Visit the interactive dashboard of construction projects proposed, approved, under construction or recently completed in the City of Greater Geelong.
Custom special releases
Industry, demographic and forecast data
City of Greater Geelong economic and demographic profile sites.
Regional economic news summary
Read month by month summaries of news related to Greater Geelong's economy.
Resources and data websites
For additional data resources and information on business