People. Skills. Jobs.
The RISE program is a solution to the construction industry skill
shortage. It is a collaborative program designed to connect
people and the industry via training and recruitment, mentoring and support.
- RISE will find the right people who
are interested in working in the construction industry
- The training involves trade and work
skills that will enable participants to choose the right trade, understand how
to work on a building site, and gain work experience before they start work.
- RISE engages and supports industry to
match the right apprentice with the right employer.
- Professional mentors work together to
provide simple and clear support and advice for apprentices and employers.
- RISE coordinates
every step of the way
building industry is booming with an increase in housing demand across Geelong,
there is a current shortfall of construction workers.
The RISE program brings
together education, training and support programs along with local businesses
willing to take on young or inexperienced workers to develop more targeted
pathways to employment.
- Access to work ready, skilled and
experienced candidates for apprenticeships
- Training a variety of trades provides
broad knowledge and skills
- Know that your apprentice has made the
right choice of trade
- Post-placement support and mentors to
maximise the likelihood of achieving long term employment
- Increasing participation and retention
in apprenticeship programs
- Create clear pathways for participants
to find the right work
- RISE partnerships provide
collaborative and centralised access to a range of expert advice and support to
recruit and employ your apprentice
- Working together, we have a greater
ability to train a sustainable workforce in Geelong
- Completion of Certificate II in
Construction Pathways provides some credit towards an apprenticeship.
Skilled and job ready
RISE program covers:
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Measurements and calculations
- Workplace communication
- Plan and organise work
- Read and interpret plans and
- Work effectively in the construction
- Use tools, materials and equipment
- Trade skills - Bricklaying, Carpentry,
- Plastering and more
- Construction Induction White Card
- Construction site tour
- Work experience
- Mentoring and support
graduates have formal training, skills and experience in the construction
workplace. Ready to take the next step into work as an apprentice.
Are you looking for a work ready apprentice?
program is now inviting applications from construction industry employers who
are looking for a new apprentice.
limited places for participants, so register your interest early. Contact us
now to discuss your workforce needs, ask for more information about the program
and dates, and be invited to meet the next group of RISE graduates.
Need to know more...
For more information contact:
Phone: 0407 545 040