Apply for a Vehicle Crossing Permit

You are required to apply for a Vehicle Crossing Permit to construct your driveway.

 Please contact us via [email protected] to request a lodgment form.

You will need the following information prior to requesting a Vehicle Crossing Permit:

  • property details such as:
    • lot number
    • house number
    • street
    • suburb/town
    • owner, phone number and postal address including postcode
  • applicant name
  • contractor, phone number and postal address including postcode
  • public liability cover details including:
    • insurance company
    • policy number
    • expiry date
    • a current certificate of currency, to the value of $10 million, is required as proof of insurance.
  • if the vehicle crossing is required as a condition of a planning permit, you will need to provide the following additional information:
    • planning permit number
  • is the vehicle crossing a standard (that is: infill only) or a non-standard permit (that is: relocation, duplication, widening etc)?
    • if non-standard, specifics of requirements must be listed on the form such as:
      • property line level requested
      • crossing width in metres
      • distance from left or right boundary
  • as the applicant/contractor, you will be required to sign and date the form.

On receipt of the relevant fee for this Vehicle Crossing Permit, you will be provided with a printed receipt.

Receipt of payment does not automatically mean that your permit has been approved.

You may enquire about arranging inspections at this time.

Page last updated: Tuesday, 13 July 2021