Your building permit will list the mandatory inspection stages for your
You must have an inspection and approval before you can continue with the project. We require at least 24-hours notice for all inspections.
To book an inspection you will need to provide the following information:
- building permit number
- site address
- contact name and phone number to be used if the inspector needs to contact someone about the inspection
- your preferred time of either AM (8:00am to 12:00pm) or PM (12:00pm to 5:00pm).
Inspections must be booked by 3:00pm the previous business day, to ensure your inspection is carried out by the following business day.
Preparing for an inspection
- The builder is to ensure that the site is safe and accessible for the Building Inspector.
- Appropriate barriers, ladders, scaffolding, stair void platforms, etc are to be in place prior to the inspection.
- Ensure a full set of the latest stamped building permit documents is on site.
- For frame inspections, the owner or builder must have emailed through a copy of the roof truss and/or floor truss computations, layout plans and certification in PDF format from the manufacturer to [email protected] for approval prior to booking an inspection.
- For final inspections all certificates of compliance (examples plumbing, electrical) must be provided on the day to ensure that there are no delays with sign off.
A courtesy call from the Building Inspector may be requested where access is to be arranged, prior to the inspection.
A cancellation fee may apply where less than two hours’ notice is given to cancel an inspection.
All inspections will be carried out between the times described below, unless arranged prior with the Building Inspector.
- excavations of footings
- site cuts
- bored piers
- retaining wall foundations
- slab excavations
- strip footings
- reinforcement inspections
- strip footing reinforcement etc
|Anytime between 8:00am and 12:00pm
|Anytime between 12:00pm and 5:00pm
- final/occupancy inspections
These inspections will be undertaken throughout the day between 8:00am and 5:00pm, unless prior arrangements are agreed to with the Building Inspector.