Items that can go in your red lid bin
Rubbish, nappies (empty and wrap), ceramics, meat, etc
Other plastics ... for example: plastic bags, plastic coat hangers. Plastic bags can also be recycled at participating Coles and Woolworths supermarkets
Window glass, mirrors, Pyrex and light globes (wrapped)
Items that can not go in your rubbish bin
Your rubbish bin has a red lid.
You can put all household rubbish in your garbage bin except for:
- excavation material or building rubble
- trade waste of any kind syringes
- hazardous items, such as gas bottles or batteries
- household chemicals, oils, paints or solvents
- dirt, dust, ashes, hair or other similar material unless it has been securely wrapped or contained
- glass or other sharp objects unless they are securely wrapped
- slops, liquid waste or offensive material
- anything that can go in your recycling bin or garden bin.
Use our online directory for disposal options.
Disposal of noxious weeds
Noxious and declared weeds can also be placed in the garbage waste bin, but put them in a plastic bag and tie the top.This will ensure they are not spread further once they get to landfill.
Put your garbage bin out for collection every week. See collection calendar.
Your bin should not exceed 70 kilograms in weight.