Bikes and cars share the road. On-street car parking is retained (except around new pedestrian crossings) and there is minimal overall change to the area.
Cycling/pedestrian activity and safety
- Bikes and cars share the road. Treatments and line-marking applied to the road to encourage road sharing.
- To improve pedestrian safety and access to shops/businesses:
- Existing pedestrian crossing at Belmont Library to remain, but in the form of a wide, flat speed bump.
- Two new pedestrian crossings (without signals): one between Aldi and Westpac and the other between Bike Power and Noodle Canteen.
- All on-street parking retained except for approximately eight car parks (space needed for new crossings.)
- Limited opportunities for improvement to existing streetscape due to limited space.
- Minimal overall change to the area.
- To support bike riders and drivers’ safety, 40 kilometres per hour speed limit to be in place 24/7 on High Street, between Roslyn and Mount Pleasant Roads.
- Right turning lanes remain.
A full set of plans are attached below.