Beauty business - what do I need to do if I rent out space in my business?

If you are a registered beauty business and looking to rent out some space, either an area or a chair in your shop, the person renting the space would require registration under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act.

If you are registered at your home, you are able to do this as long as there are no more than 2 people working there that don’t live in the house. Again the hairdresser/beauty therapist would require registration with us under the Act.

If you are making any structural changes you should also contact our Building Department.

Page last updated: Monday, 13 July 2020