The State Government has consistently recognised the importance of the growth area in accommodating the unforeseen levels of population growth in Victoria. At the moment, Armstrong Creek is seen as Victoria’s sixth growth area alongside the Growth Areas Authority Councils Wyndham, Hume, Casey-Cardinia, Melton and Whittlesea. The Geelong region itself is regional Victoria’s fastest growing area.
The Armstrong Creek growth area will:
- provide housing for between 55,000 to 65,000 people
- provide approximately 22,000 residential homes
- provide 22,000 jobs, with a focus on high technology jobs and developing synergies with Deakin University
- be developed as a sustainable community, with a focus on walkability, public transport provision and sustainable water use
- have physical and social infrastructure provided at an early stage, with an aim of building communities rather than just releasing land for development - there won’t be just homes and jobs in the growth area, but schools, retail space, parks, open space, bike paths and a place for people to create a home and be part of a community
- provide a boost to local employment during the construction phase
- assist in addressing housing affordability issues currently experienced in the region
- have significant public transport provision
- provide for more sustainable housing choices
Living in Armstrong Creek
We provide high quality services for all of our residents. Whether you are looking for a local sporting club or registering your pet – we are here to help. Visit the services area of our website for more information or request a new residents kit.