Leisurelink Aquatic and Recreation Centre
Stop Press! Leisurelink crowned Australia's best fitness centre!
Leisurelink Aquatic and Recreation Centre took home the top national award from Fitness Australia, the industry's peak body association, on Friday 1 Novermber 2013. Read on.
The number one leisure centre in regional Australia. With health, fitness and fun all under one roof and open all year round, this premier facility is the best place to exercise and play!
What can I do here?
Participate in one of the following programs:
- Gym – state-of-the-art gym with extensive floor space and a wide range of cardio and strength equipment.
- Group exercise rooms – three areas that house Les Mills, freestyle, cycle and mind-body classes.
- Wellness centre – home to Corio Bay Health Group.
- Café – featuring a large seated area overlooking water areas.
- Kids’ Club - fully registered crèche that welcomes children from six weeks to nine years of age.
- Change rooms – separate wet and dry areas plus family and unisex accessible rooms.
- Main pool - an 8-lane 50m pool with ramp access which can be divided into two 25m pools.
- Program pool – multi use warm water pool with ramp access.
- Learners’ pool – designed for Learn to Swim classes and recreation.
- Toddlers’ pool
- Spa and sauna
- The Spacebowl – a high-energy raft ride with an exhilarating drop, giant bowl spins and an exciting transition into the slide pool.
- The Black Hole – a fully enclosed slide that shoots you into a spiral of pitch black where you twist, turn and drop until the final splashdown.
- Adventure Playground – includes slides, water cannons, spinning water wheel and a large over head tipping bucket allowing kids to splash, climb and be entertained for hours.
- Splash Pad - featuring fountains and water spray equipment where children can play safely on rubber mat flooring in zero depth water.