The way we live is impacted by these four global shifts:
Global economic uncertainty
Research into the best communities in the world
show they are:
- Connected (locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
through paths, roads and public transport infrastructure,
social networks and communication technologies)
- Prosperous (strong and diverse businesses and employment
across all community groups)
- Creative (innovative, entertaining and vibrant)
- Sustainable and resilient (environmentally, economically and socially)
- Designed for people (easy and safe for all community groups to
access the services, amenities and comfort they need)
All of these components collectively contribute to making a community great.
Communities can turn global shifts into opportunities by ranking well in each
of the above successful community indicators.